THE WRITERS INSTITUTE
Save the Date! November 20 - 22, 2013
Three days of intensive workshops on fiction, nonfiction, poetry, publishing, and more! All of them taught by respected visiting authors and agents in the heart of downtown Miami at the Wolfson Campus of Miami Dade College.
How to register (includes link to registration forms, fees and submission instructions)
• Telling Someone Else's Story: Collaborative Writing with Patricia Mulcahy
• Writing Fiction with Esmeralda Santiago - SOLD OUT
• The First 20 Pages: Establishing voice, Method and Narrative Stakes at the Beginning of Your Memoir with Bill Clegg and Jill Bialosky - Due to unforeseen circumstances, this workshop has been rescheduled.
One-day Workshops• Writing YA: Spark, Structure and a little bit of Sparkle with Lauren Oliver
• Los Mecanismos Secretos de la Novela con Jorge Eduardo Benavides (IN SPANISH)
- Agent Manuscript Consultation:
Note: Space in workshops is limited. Register as soon as possible to secure your space. Payment must be received at time of registration and must have cleared at least five business days prior to the first day of class. Please note registration deadlines for each course. Please speak to a member of our registrations staff if you require clarification.
*The Writers Institute Refund Policy
Please note that because enrollment in most workshops is limited to 15 students, we must have ample time to seek and register a replacement should you be forced to cancel your attendance to the Writers Institute. For that reason, the deadline to cancel your registration for any workshop or lecture and receive a full refund is October 23, 2013. After that date, we will not be able to offer any refunds.