THE WRITERS INSTITUTE
Save the Date! May 8 - 11, 2013
Four days of intensive workshops on fiction, nonfiction, poetry, publishing, and more! All of them taught by respected visiting authors and agents in the heart of downtown Miami at the Wolfson Campus of Miami Dade College.
Quality workshops? Of course, but the Writers Institute is so much more:
• Publishing Seminars – How to Have the Ideal Publishing Experience
by Being the Ideal Author with David Hale Smith; Q&A Editorial:
El mercado editorial y tú con Teresa Mlawer (IN SPANISH)
• Manuscript Consultations – Get feedback on your manuscript in one-on-one sessions with the Kim Perel or David Hale Smith. Space is limited. For the first time, the Writers Institute is offering manuscript consultations for writers working in Spanish. For more information about consultations with Teresa Mlawer, click here.
• Lunchtime Reads – Each day, gather for lunch and hear Writers Institute faculty read from their work.
• Pitch-o-Rama 2013! – On Saturday, May 11, practice the art of the one-minute pitch before a panel of industry pros. Get feedback on your book idea and free advice.
How to register (includes link to registration forms, fees and submission instructions)
• Three-Day Workshops:Emily and Walt, Etc. with Campbell McGrath
Building the Novel with Mat Johnson
• Four-Day Workshops:Writing Memoir with Rosecrans Baldwin
Writing Fiction and Nonfiction: The Truth About Structure with Jacquelyn Mitchard SOLD OUT!
• Two-Day Publishing Seminars:
How to Have the Ideal Publishing Experience by Being the Ideal Author with David Hale Smith
Q&A Editorial: El mercado editorial y tú con Teresa Mlawer (IN SPANISH)
- Agent Manuscript Consultations:Agent Manuscript Consultations for writers working in Spanish with Teresa Mlawer SOLD OUT!
Note: Space in workshops is limited. Register as soon as possible to secure your space. Payment must be received at time of registration and must have cleared at least five business days prior to the first day of class. Please note registration deadlines for each course. Please speak to a member of our registrations staff if you require clarification.
*The Writers Institute Refund Policy
Please note that because enrollment in most workshops is limited to 15 students, we must have ample time to seek and register a replacement should you be forced to cancel your attendance to the Writers Institute. For that reason, the deadline to cancel your registration for any workshop or lecture and receive a full refund is Monday, April 8, 2013. After that date, we will not be able to offer any refunds.